Support for customers with additional needs
We want to make sure you get all the support you need from us. To help us do this, we have a Priority Services Register.
The Priority Services Register is a list of our customers who have additional needs that we should be aware of if there’s ever a supply interruption.
This helps us to prioritise care and support for people who have additional needs or are considered vulnerable.
You are eligible to join the Priority Services Register if any of the following are true:
You could be considered vulnerable, and eligible for help from us, if you are somebody who:
- has a mental health condition that impacts your ability to understand your bill
- requires connection to a water supply for medical treatment
- needs extra support for a limited amount of time
- lives with children under the age of five
- has mobility issues
Once you have registered, we can help you in many different ways. We can provide any combination of the following methods of support.
Depending on the circumstances of each situation, we could:
- provide advance warning of supply interruptions
- move your water meter if it’s difficult for you to access
- make sure you have an alternative water supply during outages
- schedule work to the supply around medical treatments like home dialysis
- wait longer for you to answer the door if we know you need more time to get around
- give you accessible bill formats to help with visual impairments, dyslexia and other conditions
- help you appoint a nominated person for us to contact if you’re unable to deal with your own account
- communicate with you in another language if Englishis not your first language
- use a doorstep password to help protect you from bogus callers
The Priority Services Register helps us to help you. It gives us all the information we need to make sure we look after you and support your needs.
We're also able to provide help with paying your bill if you're in financial difficulty.