Bill Cap Scheme - WaterSure

The Bill Cap Scheme - WaterSure can help you if your income is low and you use a lot of water, which makes managing your account and payments difficult. It is open customers on a water meter, who are receiving benefits and have three or more children under 19, or a medical condition requiring the extra use of water.

Eligibility for the Bill Cap Scheme - WaterSure

To get support through the WaterSure Scheme, you must be on a water meter, you or somebody in your household must receive at least one of the eligible State benefits, and have a medical condition that requires the use of more water or 3 or more children under the age of 19 living in the property.

Eligible benefits

You may be eligible for support through WaterSure if you or anyone in your household receives the following:

You will need to provide evidence of your benefit which can be either your most recent benefits notice or a bank statement showing the eligible benefit.

Eligible medical conditions

You may be eligible for WaterSure if anyone in your household has a medical condition requiring significant water use.

Those conditions could include:

Any condition that a doctor confirms requires extra water use would be eligible. 

If you are applying on medical grounds, you will need to provide evidence.

Reduction in charges

If you meet the criteria, we’ll make sure your bill is capped at our average yearly charge.

If your meter reading is lower than the capped amount, you will only pay for the water you have used.

How you pay

You can use any payment method to pay your bill if you’re accepted onto the WaterSure scheme. You can continue to pay your bill as you have done previously, choosing from the following options:

Apply for the Bill Cap Scheme - WaterSure

If you would prefer a paper version of the application you can download a WaterSure application form. We also have a Welsh version of our paper WaterSure application form. Once you have completed the form, send it to us at:
Hafren Dyfrdwy, PO Box 409, Darlington, DL1 9WF