If you are the owner of the property and the property is going to be empty but you wish to retain the water supply then the charges remain payable in full and you should not follow the 'moving house' process. Find out more in our FAQ's
What you will need to know
Your new address including the postcode
Meter reading (if applicable)
Forwarding address of the old occupants (of the property you are moving into)
Name of the new occupant (of the property you are moving out from)
- 1 Let us know where you are moving to
- 2 Let us know how to contact you
- 3 About your move
- 4 Previous occupants in your new home
- 5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
- 6 Your charges
1 Let us know where you are moving to
2 Let us know how to contact you
3 About your move
4 Previous occupants in your new home
5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
6 Your charges
- Support for customers with additional needs
- What is a Watercard and how can I get one?
- Am I eligible to get money off my bill?
- My property is empty do I still have to pay charges?
- Are there any cheaper tariffs available for customers who manage their account online?
- Can I be billed for surface water drainage based on property type rather than Rateable Value?
- Why is my surface water refund only effective from this current financial year?
- Why is my water brown/black/orange/yellow?
- Getting your bill in a different format
- Am I a Hafren Dyfrdwy customer?
- Am I at risk of Legionnaire's disease?
- Am I entitled to a payment for my water going off?