If you are the owner of the property and the property is going to be empty but you wish to retain the water supply then the charges remain payable in full and you should not follow the 'moving house' process. Find out more in our FAQ's
What you will need to know
Your new address including the postcode
Meter reading (if applicable)
Forwarding address of the old occupants (of the property you are moving into)
Name of the new occupant (of the property you are moving out from)
- 1 Let us know where you are moving to
- 2 Let us know how to contact you
- 3 About your move
- 4 Previous occupants in your new home
- 5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
- 6 Your charges
1 Let us know where you are moving to
2 Let us know how to contact you
3 About your move
4 Previous occupants in your new home
5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
6 Your charges
- Support for customers with additional needs
- Am I eligible to get money off my bill?
- Can you send a copy bill by email?
- What is a Watercard and how can I get one?
- Getting your bill in a different format
- Can I change my username?
- How do I change my password?
- I have a low income but my water usage is high. Can you help?
- I have received a bill in my name as the landlord but the property is empty?
- I have received a high bill - could my meter be faulty?
- I own a property where the water is not in use. Do I still have to pay water charges?
- Am I a Hafren Dyfrdwy customer?