If you are the owner of the property and the property is going to be empty but you wish to retain the water supply then the charges remain payable in full and you should not follow the 'moving house' process. Find out more in our FAQ's
What you will need to know
Your new address including the postcode
Meter reading (if applicable)
Forwarding address of the old occupants (of the property you are moving into)
Name of the new occupant (of the property you are moving out from)
- 1 Let us know where you are moving to
- 2 Let us know how to contact you
- 3 About your move
- 4 Previous occupants in your new home
- 5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
- 6 Your charges
1 Let us know where you are moving to
2 Let us know how to contact you
3 About your move
4 Previous occupants in your new home
5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
6 Your charges
- Support for customers with additional needs
- Are there any cheaper tariffs available for customers who manage their account online?
- Am I eligible to get money off my bill?
- I am moving home - what do I need to do?
- When will I be able to see my bills online?
- What protection do I have under the Direct Debit guarantee?
- Can you remove my water meter?
- I have received a high bill - could my meter be faulty?
- WaterSure FAQs
- What is the doorstep password scheme?
- Getting your bill in a different format
- Am I a Hafren Dyfrdwy customer?