If you are the owner of the property and the property is going to be empty but you wish to retain the water supply then the charges remain payable in full and you should not follow the 'moving house' process. Find out more in our FAQ's
What you will need to know
Your new address including the postcode
Meter reading (if applicable)
Forwarding address of the old occupants (of the property you are moving into)
Name of the new occupant (of the property you are moving out from)
- 1 Let us know where you are moving to
- 2 Let us know how to contact you
- 3 About your move
- 4 Previous occupants in your new home
- 5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
- 6 Your charges
1 Let us know where you are moving to
2 Let us know how to contact you
3 About your move
4 Previous occupants in your new home
5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
6 Your charges
- How often will you read my water meter?
- Are bank details stored on the website?
- Can I change my username?
- Can I choose the date you take my Direct Debit from my bank account?
- What is a Watercard and how can I get one?
- How do I change my password?
- Are there any cheaper tariffs available for customers who manage their account online?
- Can I apply for a meter on behalf of someone else, e.g. an elderly relative?
- Can I receive my bills monthly/quarterly?
- Do I qualify for single occupancy assessed charges?
- How can I identify my water meter?
- How do I add further accounts to my existing online profile?