If you are the owner of the property and the property is going to be empty but you wish to retain the water supply then the charges remain payable in full and you should not follow the 'moving house' process. Our FAQ page will provide you with more information on what to do with an empty property and your water supply.
What you will need to know
Your new address including the postcode
Meter reading (if applicable)
Forwarding address of the old occupants (of the property you are moving into)
Name of the new occupant (of the property you are moving out from)
- 1 Let us know where you are moving to
- 2 Let us know how to contact you
- 3 About your move
- 4 Previous occupants in your new home
- 5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
- 6 Your charges
1 Let us know where you are moving to
2 Let us know how to contact you
3 About your move
4 Previous occupants in your new home
5 Confirm we’ve got the right info for you
6 Your charges
- Will I get a discount for paying by Direct Debit?
- How often will you read my water meter?
- Alternative bill formats
- Am I a Hafren Dyfrdwy customer?
- Are bank details stored on the website?
- Are there any cheaper tariffs available for customers who manage their account online?
- Can I choose how you refund my credit?
- Can I receive my bills monthly/quarterly?
- Do Hafren Dyfrdwy offer smart meters?
- How can I identify my water meter?
- If my bill is estimated, can I contact you with an actual reading?
- My bill is for charges until 31 March next year; why do I have to pay for something I haven't used?