Help and Contact

What should I do if my external stop tap is not working?

If you're unable to use your external stop tap it may require a key

External stop taps (also known as stop valve or stopcock) are used to stop water supply to your home or business. Ideally it should only be used by a qualified plumber or by us, unless it's an emergency.

If you're having trouble using the tap, it could be that a key is needed to operate it. A universal stop tap key should work, they can be purchased at plumbing merchants. A qualified plumber should also have the tools to operate your external stop tap. You can find an approved plumber near you using our postcode search if you need more help.

Still having problems?

If your plumber can't operate the external stop tap in an emergency - we can help you. Make sure your plumber stays at your property to carry out any internal repairs needed and call us on 0800 085 8033. This line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can only attend in an emergency - if there's a major leak or burst flooding your home. If it's not an emergency, you can call the same number to arrange an appointment for us to come out to help.