A plan for our future communities in Wales
The three most important things about our plan
• The average water and sewage bill in the Hafren Dyfrdwy area is currently £288 a year, compared to the average bill in the rest of Wales of £439.
• Our plan is to limit any price rises between 2020 and 2025 to a total of 2.2% per cent above inflation for the average combined bill over the whole five year period
• At the same time as holding prices down, we propose to increase investment by 4% per customer to improve services.
• We are squaring this circle by being more innovative and efficient and by finding solutions that deliver multiple benefits. We are utilising new funding, such as Heritage Lottery Funding, to create infrastructure that benefits all our customers in Wales, and we are reducing historic debt to strengthen the resilience of our business.
• Our plan sets out ambitious improvements to make our already good services better still. We will, for example, be reducing water supply interruptions by 27 per cent and pollution incidents by a further 18 per cent. We know from our discussions with customers that these are things which are important to you.
• In addition to improving the basics, we’re investing to safeguard services for the long term. For example, we’re investing £19 million to improve dams and treated water reservoirs so they are fit to serve future generations.
• Despite having the lowest bills in Wales, we also want to help those customers who may be in difficult circumstances and need additional support. We will offer both financial and non-financial support through our dedicated Customer Care teams. And to help customers who are struggling to pay their bill - we’re also doubling the number of customers we’ll be helping - with discounts of up to 90 per cent.
• We’re planning the largest statutory environmental programme in our part of Wales for over 20 years, improving more than 22km of river.
• We’re investing to improve 450 hectares of upland peat bog around Lake Vyrnwy, something that will make the area more attractive for visitors as well as protecting our precious environment.
“Our aim is to raise our high standards even higher still especially when it matters most to our customers”
Read our customer business plan for 2020-2025 and our one page summary document.
View our complete business plans submitted to OFWAT.
You can view Ofwat's assessment of our plan.
You can review our updated plan to Ofwat.
You can view our response to Ofwat's Draft determination.
You can view Ofwat's final determination.
We have accepted Ofwat’s final determination and you can
view our response.